Saturday, August 11, 2007

What a good Friday

today turned out to be. Most of my week has kind of sucked, my birthday was a couple of days ago and it did not start out too good.....but the good part was my date with my husband and us going to see Bourne Ultimatum. It had been almost a year since we had asked someone to watch our DS so we could go to the movies. Well, I think a big part of my awful week is the hot weather we've had, with no airconditioning in the house....the heat affects my mood and I just feel miserable. But today, like I said, turned out to be pretty good. My husbands cousin brought us a window unit to get some cool air in the house....and I feel great when I sit right in front of it!!!!

Well, then I got a comment from Beth telling me to check out her blog, it turns out I won her blog candy :) then I got another comment, this time from Maria, telling me she picked me for her Nice Award Tag game. After my DH had gone to work I talked to my mom on the phone and then my twin sister. When I had just stopped talking to my sister my DH came home and had a box full of stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs someone had left on the porch without me noticing it. They were not all for me though, unfortunately!!!! And later tonight I send in a big order for Stampin'Up products....again not all for me, but I'll get a few things, a couple of stamp set at least.

My mom got the box of cards I sent to her, the other day, and already the first day sold 5 cards and wanted more so I've made her a bunch of cards that I'm going to send to Iceland tomorrow. It pays for me to send the cards to Iceland, here in Asheville my prize for most of the cards is $2.25 but in Iceland they cost $5.50-$8.

Well, here are some of my cards and my birthday presents from my Scrapping friends in Iceland.



I got this cute cat stamp from a friend in Iceland. check out her cards here.




These cards are all made from the same stamp, Stick Love by Wordsworth/Rubber Soul.


And a Stampin'Up card, just a simple one!

And some of the cards and the birthday gifts I got, I'm still waiting for a few more ;)
Well, I guess I'm going to tag some bloggers tomorrow or at least this weekend!!!
Have a nice weekend everyone!!!
TTFN

3 comments:

Beth said...

A belated happy birthday to you! So sorry it has been a difficult time. This hot weather seems to put a damper on everyones mood! Just got you e-mail with your address tonight. Will either put your goodies in the mail Saturday or Monday! Take care!

Fran M said...

I just discovered your blog and was looking at some of your older posts - where did you get the paper rack? Thanks!

franmcclintock@cox.net

Maria said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I just had my birthday too. Lucky you, the cards you received are so pretty and the gifts you got are awesome! How nice of your friends to send you such nice things.

Maria