Friday, September 14, 2007

7 cards

I managed to do 7 cards yesterday!! I was gonna try to do as many today but it didn't work out. I messed up a lot today. I had to do a lot of coloring and of course I managed to screw everything up doing the finishing touches. I'd color with my watercolor pencils and blend with my blenderpens, if I didn't mess up then, I'd put a little bit (or a lot) of glitter chalk. If the image was ok after those two steps I'd either put Stickles or Crystal effects. And then I thought of using my Crackle medium, I had done two cute snowman images using just glitter chalk for coloring and then crackle on top of that and when I was going to make the cards using the images one got ruined because the crackle started falling off taking the chalk off the image too. And I don't feel like fixing that tonight, maybe some other day. The other image is still good and I'm working on that card now. My shoulder tells me to take it easy the rest of the night, it's killing me.
Well, I should show you the cards from last night, don't you think!?!

My three little snowmen are so cute and fun to use. And this patterned paper is my favorite winter paper.

I used Stickles and crystal Effects on all of them and I did doubles of all except the last one. That one I only used chalk to color. the chalk keeps the shimmer better if I put Crystal effects on it. These cards are pretty simple, I've got to keep them simple when I have to do so many.
We finally got some rain today, and we sure got a lot of it too. My son was probably the only child here in Asheville that asked to go outside to play. He's got rain outfit from Iceland (where kids got outside to play almost whatever the weather's like). I'm putting a picture of him here for Betsy (hi Betsy!) my SU demonstrator. My son loves playing with her dog and gets excited everytime I have to go there to pick up my orders.
I've got my two cards from today almost ready but I'll wait until tomorrow to post them.
Until then....
TTFN

10 comments:

Beth said...

I love your little snowman image. They are so cute! Of course, not as cute as your little one! Sorry you had a rough day but 7 cards yesterday- wowsers- I couldn't do that in my wildest dreams. Be watching for you blog candy- finally, made it to post office! Hope you have a great weekend!

Músla said...

dem hvað þessi snjókallar eru sætir ,ég er algjör suker fyrir jólastimplum á way to much en kaupi allataf meira


þúrt svo mikll snilli í þessu

helga said...

Ekkert smá pirrandi þegar allt virðist ganga á afturfótunum :(

En þessi kort eru ÆÐI :) og Sylvan flottur í 66°n gallanum ;)

helga L said...

ok þetta var semsagt ég Helga Lind hehe

Svana Jóna said...

Æðislegt kort hjá þér :Þ Ekkert smá flottir snjókallar

Sesselja said...

Vá, þetta er geggjuð kort!!! :)

Helgaj said...

Geggjuð kort og gaman fyrir ykkur að fá smá smá bleytu í gróðurinn:O)
Sylvan er alltaf jafn sætur hvort sem er í regngalla frá 66° eða í stuttbuxum...hehe

Kristín H said...

Æðisleg kort og æðislegur sonur.... Auðvitað er maður úti að leika sér í rigningu... En ekki hvað.. þarf að kenna þessum nágrönnum þínum íslenska siði. ;)

Maria said...

oh my gosh, the snowman cards are fabulous. They are so so cute. Wow, 7 cards in a day! You're quck! I wish I could sit down and make 7 cards. I'm lucky if I can make 7 cards in a week.

Great job as always!

Maria

stína fína said...

æðislega flott, svo sætir snjókallarnir :O)