Friday, October 26, 2007

Basic Gray, Going Grey, Sahara Sand and Soft Sky

We have not found a house yet. There is one that is a little bit out of our range, unless I get a job, which I don't mind, as long as we live in a decent house. We looked a two today, but they both still had tenants in them so we couldn't check them out indoors. Which I think we have to do before we decide if we like them or not. The first one we looked at is old and needs to be fixed. The owners are carpenters and are planning on fixing it up a little bit. They would be our neighbours. The bad thing about that house is that there is a lady that owns a small yoga studio (where she also lives) on the lot. It's right next to the house. And she takes care of the yard. My husband did not like the idea of having her around in that little hut less than 3 meters from the house. And I think the house needs a lot of work before I want to live there. The street is nice and quiet though. The other house we checked out is way up in the woods. We might not be able to watch tv if we move there....but it's kind of charming and interesting to live in the woods. It's not too far from other houses, you just can't see it from the street. They've just priced that one too high for what it's worth I'd say. So, we're still looking for a house :( I know it's only been 4 days since we started looking but I just can't stand not knowing where I'm going to live. Where will we celebrate Christmas???


Anyway, I've been working on some cards. Managed to do a little bit even with my son feeling sick last night and I fell asleep with him when he finally was able to fall asleep.





I got the Penguin stamp and the Santa hat at Archivers in Mall of America. The hat is from Studio G, I have no idea where the Penguin is from. And I used a few of my snowflake stamps to make the background. The colors are Basic Gray, Going Gray, Sahara Sand and Black. Stickles on the hat.





Here I used En Francais from SU for the background, the main image is Sleigh Bells Ring (SU) and the word is from the Baroque Motifs stampset (SU). The colors I used are Basic gray, Soft sky, Sahara sand Going Gray and black. I also used my glitter gelly roll pen from Sakura. this card is for a swap on Splitcoaststampers dot com.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a workshop at my upline's house. I need to get out of the house a little bit. I did get a "break" from my son today. My husbands cousin invited my son to come over to their house and play with his sons. He stayed there for 3 hours and man did I use my 3 hours good. I had so much stuff in the kitchen I needed to throw away, I had kept 7 boxes of Infamil formula from when my son was a baby, in case I'd get pregnant and have another baby before the formula got out of date. I didn't get pregnant so I guess I have to throw the boxes away, I emptied two of them and am planning on altering them. I fixed our backyard a little bit, it was covered with leaves. Did laundry. Tidied up in the playroom and was actually on my knees scrubbing the bathroom floor when my hubby brought the boy home.
So now I've got a movie to watch and some more cards to make :) As long as my son doesn't wake up I've got the evening to myself. Hubby's at work like most evenings.

Hope you like my cards.
Have a nice weekend.

TTFN

8 comments:

Helgaj said...

Geggjuð kortin þín:O)
Vona að húsnæisleitin fari að skila sér og þið finnið eitthvað:O)

Músla said...

krossa putta með húsnæði fyrir ykkur og þá eitthvað sem ykkur líkar vel við

kortin eru yndisleg bæði !!!

Kristín Hávarðs said...

Vá. þessi svarthvítu eru æðisleg.... Virkilega flott bæði...

Vona að það sé rífandi gangur í húsnæðisleit.
Knús og kram frá Neskaupstað

Bryndís H. said...

Æðislega flott þessi kort og hreindýrakoritin hér fyrir neðan eru geggjuð!

Vonandi finnið þið gott hús fljótlega :)

stína fína said...

vá bara geggjað svo flott :O)

hannakj said...

vá geggjuð kort!! Vona innilega að þið fáið nýja húsnæði sem fyrst. Knús.

rosabjorg said...

Æðisleg kortin þín. Vona að þið finnið húsnæði sem fyrst.

Helga said...

vá þau eru ÆÐI :)

En ég vona innilega að þið finnið gott húsnæði sem fyrst, hlýtur að vera mjög erfitt að vera að leita alla daga að heimili :(