Tuesday, December 11, 2007

hAnglar och stAnglar

I was so lucky last week to get a stamp in the mail from a Swedish friend in Iceland. She sure made my day. I had spent the whole afternoon (6 hours) waiting for our car to be fixed, not being able to go home in the meantime, and when I finally got home a stamp from hAnglar & stAnglar was waiting in my mailbox. It is so cute, and she even sent my images she had stamped with some of her stamps.


I ordered an Ott-lite lamp from JoAnn's the Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't think the order went through because I didn't get a confirmation email but then all of a sudden I got an email last week about it being shipped to my old address. I went to pick it up but it was gone!!! My old landlord had taken it (they knew we were checking the mail every day!!!!). Well, I thought someone had stolen it because they didn't bother calling and telling me about it until Sunday and they would not let us come to their house and pick it up. On Monday we went to the old house to pick it up and they had left a note with it saying we wouldn't get our deposit back because we didn't give them a 30 day notice before we moved.....which is not true. The lease was up at the end of October, we told them at the end of October we would not sign a new lease because we were not ready to pay higher rent on the house. We told them we were going to look for a new place and paid full rent for November. We then got a letter from them saying we should either sign a new lease or vacate the property by Dec. 1st. So we got out of there by Dec. 1st. I knew they were going to pull some stunts on us but my DH didn't believe me. Well, now the war has begun, we're not backing off. We called the office that does house inspections and told them about the house and that they need to inspect it. Since we don't live there anymore they need the landlord to let them in and he'll have to do that because he wont be able to rent it to anyone else before it's been done. The water was on our name and the office made sure no one else can put it on their name. The house has not been inspected since 1999 and they got a complaint about it in 2003.....so we'll see how it goes, he's got a lot of things that need to be fixed before anyone moves in the house. We also contacted a legal office for help to get our deposit back. We've also been told by people who've been in this situation that we should take it to Small Claims Court and that if the landlord can't prove he's still got the deposit on a bankaccount he does not have a case against us!!!


Well, back to stamping. My son managed to change his sleep routine by falling asleep in the car one day and my evenings have been spent pushing him back to bed. He was so creative last night, kept calling me and trying to get me to let him out of bed by saying "there's a truck coming, I'm hurt!!!!", "I sick, I want medicin", "I hurt my diaper!". LOL, I had to try real hard not to laugh at him. I did manage to make 3 cards today after being able to do some stamping late last night.

This is the cute stamp I got in the mail from my friend, Monica, I'll need some practise before I can do nice cards like the Swedish stampers though. I masked the boy image to make the background. For the trees I used a stamp from the Lovely as a Tree stampset (SU) and I used SU watercolor pencils for the coloring. Designer paper is from Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Collection. the mat is real red cardstock from SU. I also used glitter from Martha Stewart.

I was one of many that ordered stamps from My Favorite Things last Wednesday and I got them in the mail yesterday. I think this stampset (Baby it's cold outside) is so cute and I have seen some really nice cards where this stamp was used. I paper pieced the coat, using Basic Grey Figgy Pudding collection again for the coat and the rest of the cardfront. the ribbon is Bravo Burgundy from SU. And watercolor wonder crayons from SU for the snowman and the background. SU marker for the scarf, mitten and boots and Marvy markers for the carrot nose and the legs.


The cracked glass technique again. Lovely as a tree stamp. The designer paper is from My Minds Eye. The cardsize is 5"x5".

TTFN

5 comments:

Músla said...

þessi er svakalega flott

stína fína said...

geggjuð kort :O)

Barbara said...

Æðisleg kort :)
og til hamingju með haungulinn :D

hannakj said...

vá vá trufl trufl flott flott"""""

GuðrúnE said...

Æðisleg kort, mér finnst jólatrjáabakgrunnurinn koma rosalega flott út á fyrsta kortinu og litasamsetningin á pp í korti 2 æðisleg, finnst þessi BG jólapp svo flottur