Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Infinite Goodness (SU)

I hope you've all had a nice Christmas. My husband had to work on Christmas Eve and before he went to work we tried to get some shopping done, we needed stocking stuffers for each other....and didn't find much that we liked. My DS and I then waited for him to comew home until just after 9 pm. My DS had been up since 7 am and was getting pretty tired by that time. My DH brought me my present when he got home, hid it in a pizzabox. We usually open a couple of presents on Christmas Eve...trying to keep some icelandic traditions. Usually we pick out icelandic presents but since we're still waiting for the postman to deliver them he let me open his present. I wasn't sure what to expect but he bought me a Josh Turner CD and I was so surprized and happy to get it. I'm in love with his voice, I just love how deep it is. For those who don't know who he is, he's a young country singer and I think the first song of his that I heard was Me and God and then Firecracker.
You can listen to him and see him here:
Anyway, we then got up early with DS yesterday. It was so much fun watching him open all the presents, he was so excited. And he played with his toys for a couple of hours and I had to check on him once in a while because he was so quiet. My SIL and her family came all the way from Florida and I just happened to be cooking so they got some lunch here and spent a couple of hours with us before they went to visit with other relatives. In the evening we went to The Grove Park Inn to look at Gingerbread houses. I didn't get any good pictures og the houses but I tried. I took about 100 pictures of their Christmastrees and I think not even half of them turned out good. My camera was just not cooperating with me.
This morning we got a visit from friends that live in Waynesville and we actually went back to the Grove Park Inn. The plan was to go out to dinner just the two of us tonight and to a movie. Well, of the movies they are showing right now the only one my DH wanted to see was Sweeney Todd and I am not interested in seeing it, but I was going to do it anyway since we had a babysitter for the night. Well, my DH then decided all on his own that we weren't going out to dinner, just the movie....well, that made me decide it wasn't worth it then, so we're at home now pouting because we ruined each others evening. It'll be months before we get a chance to do this and it's been months since the last time.
Well, I didn't want to be complaining the whole blog. I've actually got some cards to show you. I preordered a couple of SU stampsets and have been trying them a little bit. I really like how this one turned out:

The pear is from Infinite Goodness (SU). I stamped it with Chocolate Chip and colored it in with my Prisma coloring pencils and Sansodor. I sponged the background with Soft Sky and added some glitter from Martha Stewart. I sponged the edges of the scalloped circle with Chocolate Chip and then used UTEE to make the cracked glass.. I used Soft Sky paper from SU and Old Olive patterned paper from SU. I embossed the biggest layer with my Cuttlebug and brayered it with Chocolate Chip.
What do you think?
TTFN

5 comments:

Hófý said...

Hæ hæ Flott kort hjá þér og gaman að lesa bloggið þitt. Kveðja Hófý

hannakj said...

vá trufl flott kort!!! þú ert svo snillingur að prófa nýtt og nýtt. Svo sætar myndir!

stína fína said...

duglegur að rífa pakkana ;O) geggjað kortið :O)

Maria said...

Hi Hulda. . .I'm sorry that your DH had to work on Christmas! I remember when I worked at the hospital, it was required that I worked on Christmas eve or Christmas day. It was hard.

I know what you mean about the Christmas tree pictures. . .none of mine came out well either. The pictures just don't look like the real tree.

I love your "cracked glass" card. It's so pretty and very elegant! I created a few Christmas cards using this technique. It's such a fun technique. .

Maria

MagZ Mjuka said...

vá Hulda þetta kort er sjúklega flott hjá þér! UTEE aðferðin er svo skemmtileg og myndin er ekkert smá vel lituð!