Monday, January 14, 2008

7 random facts about me

I was reading Maria's Card Inspired blog and she tagged everyone who read her blog that had not been tagged before. So I guess I've been tagged. I don't have anything to show you tonight anyway. I have to tell you 7 random facts about myself.

1. I was born with a handicap that I don't even know the name for. But my right arm/hand are crooked, I can't move my fingers very much and not bend them at all. My wrist is stuck so I can't straighten it out more than to approx. "90°corner" and my muscles in my arm and the right part of my back don't work very good.

2. I played tabletennis (ping pong) for about 12 years and a big part of those 12 years I played for the Icelandic National Tabletennis Team for disabled, travelling to different countries to look at cute boys....hm....I mean play ping pong ;)

3. I've got a twin sister that a lot of people say looks just like me, and we've had people come up to us (seperately) and talk to us that got offended because we acted like we didn't know them when in fact they were talking to the wrong twin :D

4. I have lived in 4 different countries and travelled to many many more. I've lived in Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the US.

5. I've got no problem reading books in Icelandic, English, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian, I'm a little bit out of practise speaking Swedish and Norwegian.....I don't even try to speak Danish...but I probably could if I stayed in Denmark for a few months.

6. Before I moved to the US with my DH and my DS we lived in a tiny village in Iceland. It had a total of 5 streets, the nearest doctor was a 30 min. drive away....in good weather conditions!!! The nearest hospital was 4 hours away....again in good weather conditions! And we're talking crosding big mountains. One grocery store. One school with a total of 15 students ( ages 6 to 16).

7. I've got a batchelors degree in early childhood education, which means I'm a preschool teacher (don't work at the moment though).

I'm going to do like Maria, anyone who reads this and has not been tagged before can consider himself/herself tagged!!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Hulda,

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself!

Wow, you've got a twin sister! It must be fun to have a twin. Are you two alike in personality too?

It's wonderful you can speak different languages! It's a very useful skill to have!

I've never lived anywhere else but the US. It's great that you've had the chance to live in different countries.

Maria