Monday, January 28, 2008

Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss and Whisper White

Well, this is another card I made this weekend. I read somewhere that it's good to limit the colors you use on a card to 2-3 colors and I was trying that theory this weekend. I think it works!
I used the Fabulous Flowers stampset from SU for this card. I would normally use pink for a card like this but not all girls like pink so I decided to try out my favorite color (blue). I think Not Quite Navy and Mellow Moss look good in a combo.
I stamped the big flower 4 times and cut each piece out in different places. I know it looks like I used a 3d adhesive but I actually used a sticky strip, just a small piece between the layers. And of course I added some Crystal Effects, I used the CE after I had stuck the flower pieces together so only the visible parts got CE on them. It's a simple card but cutting the flower can be very time consuming.
I made this card using the same colors and the Garden Silhouettes hostess set (retired) from SU. I feel like I should have used a sentiment and I will next time I make a card like this. It's quick and easy to make and fits all occasions!
What do you think of the color combos I used this weekend???
TTFN

7 comments:

Helgaj said...

Geggjuð kort og flottir litir:O)

hannakj said...

trufl flott kort!! geggjaðir litir!!

Jóhanna Björg said...

Geggjuð kort og litirnir passa mjög vel saman :D

Hildur Ýr said...

Þau eru ÆÐI :)

Maria said...

Ooh, Aaah! Such pretty cards! I love them both and the colors are fabulous! I love the 3D flower! Beautiful.

Maria

stína fína said...

geggjað kort :O)

MagZ Mjuka said...

vá vá vá...æðisleg litasamsetning og geggjuð kort! Mig langar í þessa stimpla!