Friday, April 18, 2008

I carried some watermelon

I'm a live and staying busy while my parents are here! Yesterday (Wednesday) we drove to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. We went on a boatride on the lake, it is huge and we saw a lot of million dollar houses. Some films have been filmed there and one of them is Dirty Dancing, they filmed the waterscene there. So my mom and I had to watch Dirty Dancing in the evening and that's where my blogtitle's from.

We'll be celebrating my son's 3rd birthday this Saturday and have already started baking and preparing. It's going to have only icelandic cakes (icelandic recipes) but the birthdaytheme is Curious George.
I've got some Curious George stamps but I had planned to use another image before we chose the theme.

Jill sent me this image among others and I thought it would be perfect for my little one's birthday card. I think I ended up using both SU watercoloring pencils and Prismacolors on it. The designer paper is from Basic Grey and My Minds Eye I think. I used Crystal effects on the owl and the sea and a few other places.

And here's my little birthdayboy:

Have you ever heard of Spartacus and Lazytown??? I think it's on Nickelodion. Well, it's actually an icelandic show (in english) and my parents brought some Spartacus clothes with them for my DS. Isn't he handsome???

He's feeding the ducks.....throwing the food in the water.

TTFN

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like you've been having fun! I love the card you made also. I've nominated you for the Arte y Pico award on my blog. Check it out if you are interested!