Friday, April 4, 2008

Inspirational gift bag

I got out early this morning, before the Friday traffic....which is horrible in Asheville on Fridays (and Saturdays too) around the Asheville Mall area...which happens to be the closest are to me. I had Target almost all to myself at 9:30 am, no kiddo with me...but a time limit because DH needed the car. I needed a birthday present for a 3 year old friend and a gift bag. And you know what??? I actually found one that I just had to get because I was sure I had the cardstock in the exact same colors as the bag. It's the first time I do this and I'm soooo proud of myself *lol*

Here's the bag:
Here's the card:
And both card and bag:
I thought of making the card look more like the bag but the boy is only 3 years old so I figured an elephant would be cute (I need the Prehistoric Pals set from SU, that would have been so cute for this card).
The sentiments come from s $1 stamp from Studio G and the elephant is from a Rubbersoul/Wordsworth clear stampset. Everything else is from SU (well, the circle punch is from Martha Stewart). The colors are Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery and Ruby Red.
My DS and I worked in the garden a little bit today and saw all kinds of creatures (crickets, worms, spiders)....I managed to be brave for his sake, I don't mind worms, I've got no problem picking those up but bugs...yuck! Then we/he did a little bit of watercoloring. I'm going to try to take a picture of one of his paintings, he loves trains and painted a big one today. And he knows how to write a few letters (S, T, H, 8, X), we have not been teaching him how to write them but he knows all the letters.
And then we made pizza...and for the first time he actually ate a whole slice (of home made pizza that is). I usually get comments like: "Mamma, that's yuckie" or "That's delicious....I don't like it!" *lol*
And we got a thunderstorm right before his bedtime.....he gets so excited about the thunders!
Well, keep checking in this weekend for my SU blog (link in the sidebar) and I might post here again tomorrow too.
TTFN

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your card and bag are so cute! Perfect for a little boy. The elephant image was a great choice!!

Maria