Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A card and a LO

I joined a scrapbooking challenge in my icelandic scrapbookclub (online). We call it Survivor. The first week we have I think 52 participants and at the end of the week we vote for our favorite projects and the ones with the lowest points drop out and the rest get a new challenge. A week later it's time to vote again and the "winners" in that round get a new challenge and so on.

This week is the first. I doubt that I'll make it to the next one because we've got some pretty good/artistic scrapbookers in that club. But this week's challenge was to pick out a paperbrand (Basic Grey, My Minds Eye, Bo Bunny etc.) and find a collection within that brand that is older than 6 months. The challenge was to make a card and a scrapbookpage using the same paper brand. The card had to have some stitching (not faux stitching unfortunately for me) and some sort of paint. The scrapbook layout had to be a scraplift of a scraplift. We had to find a page that someone else had scraplifted from another one (CASEd in the cardmaking "language"). We should also use a photo of ourselves on the LO.

Well this is what I came up with:

I chose Basic Grey - Infuse for my card and LO. The page is also for my BOM (Book of me), the title reads "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly". My journaling is under the picture. I cased/scraplifted this page. I used my scallop square nestabilities to cut and emboss my picture (in my Cuttlebug). The card has paint under the image and the sentiment. The image is from a mini set from Inkadinkado. I paper pieced the image. The stitches are dental floss!!! I couldn't find my scrapbooker floss so I grabbed the dental floss instead.

Pretty simple stuff but I'm satisfied with it.

TTFN

5 comments:

Svana Valería said...

frábær síða og kortið er æði :)

Bryndís H. said...

Flott öll kortin þín og þessi síða er líka æði :)

JessicaLynn said...

Just adorable. I really love this card. Great job :)

Jessica Lynn

stína fína said...

geggjuð síða og kortið :O)

hannakj said...

rosalega flott hjá þér :D