Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sarah Kay

I received this stamp in the mail the other day. I had finished this card about a week ago but thought it needed something so I didn't post a picture of it until now.
The card stock colors are basic black, mellow moss and ruby red. I used my SU inkpads and blenderpens to color in the image and markers for the ground. Very simple. I hope I get some more time to play with this stamp soon.
DS has been going to VBS this week, for the first time, and he's loving it. He's one of the youngest...if not the youngest of the kids there, but he seems to be doing good. The only thing I don't like about it is how late it is, from 6-9 pm. It takes him a good hour to wind down when he comes home. But the good thing is, we get 3 hours of silence at home *lol* the boy just can't stop talking, he talks all day and he even talks to himself when he goes to bed. So those 3 hours give us a little bit of a break and we can get things done without our little "shadow" (my nickname for him because I can not walk out of the room without him following me).
I just got my first real job here in the US!!! Had orientation today and will probably start working on Monday. It's only part time and the pay is only a few cents over the minimum wage but it's a start.
Anyway, I'll be posting again tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday, I'm expecting a card in the mail tomorrow :) and I got one in the mail yesterday that I really like.
I'm working on a few different projects, some I can't show right away and others you'll get too see next weekend on my SU BLOG.
I'm off to read a few of the blogs to the right! You should check them out too!!!
TTFN

No comments: