Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cuttlebug

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post already. I guess I've just been busy. I worked Thursday-Monday. After work on Sunday I went and got myself "nurse's" shoes. My feet and back were killing me after standing for 9 hours both Friday and Saturday. And I'm so glad I bought those shoes because I had no problems on Monday at work....at least no problems with my feet or back....but I did catch a couple shoplifting....yikes.....talk about an adrenalin kick!
Well, I'm trying to get back on my creative track after a week of getting used to going to work again.

I made this card the other day while making a tutorial in icelandic for a small club that I have. I was showing them how to use the folders on a part of the sheets.
It's a pretty simple card, I used one of my Nestabilities dies to cut the scalloped square. the ribbon is from Stampin'Up, the white cardstock is from Georgia Pacific.
And another one. I did a horrible job eyeing where the stars should be *lol* but the focus was on showing the dry embossing. I might try this one again and do it properly.
Tomorrow is my birthday and I'll spend the day at work.....but hopefully I'll find some time to stamp when I get home. I'm going to search for a good sketch (or good sketches) tonight and see if I can come up with something tomorrow. I would like to to Taylor's Cupcake challenge, I'll get to see her challenge when I get home from work I think.
Tonight I'm going to work on this weekends SU cards. I still haven't received my new catalog or the ones I ordered weeks ago. This month's Stampin' Success has not got here either....I'm not sure what's going on!
Untill next time....TTFN
ETA:
Blog Candy
Check out Katharina's blog, she's offering some goodies to one lucky stamper!!! Hopefully me!
ETA2:
Sometimes it pays off to send in images to different places, whethere it is for a chance to get published or to win something. I sent a picture of one of my cards to 7kidscollegefunds and won a $10 gift certificate :)

3 comments:

Radiogirl said...

Both cards are wonderful. I really like the stamped image on the first one. TFS!

Kristjana said...

Innilega til hamingju með daginn.
Vonandi geturðu gert eitthvað skemmtilegt í tilefni dagsins þó þú sért að vinna.
Kveðja, Kristjana

Ingunn said...

Til hamingju með daginn elsku Hulda mín, vonandi var hann notalegur þrátt fyrir allt og allt , knús úr Hvergilandi...