Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lily

I received this stamp in the mail last week. I had preordered it a couple of months ago. And of course I couldn't help myself and inked it up.

The images are stamped on watercolor paper and colored with my Stampin'Up inks and blenderpens. I then used my Crystal effects and Martha Stewart Glitter on the wings, the hair bands and the little mushrooms. The card stocks are all from Stampin'Up. The stamp is called Lily-the magic fairy (Stampavie/Rachelle Anne Miller). I love coloring in those images.
Which card do you like better? I also tried blonde hair on one but I haven't turned that one into a card yet.

This funny thing happened at work last Friday. I usually get a couple of rude customers who think I've got the job because I'm stupid (I assume from the way they talk to me) but on Friday this shy teenage girl asked me to come to her wedding the next day (yesterday). Apparently she noticed my name and said she knew someone with that name (Hulda) and she really wanted me to come to the wedding. Well, I had a 9 hour shift on Saturday so I couldn't go to the wedding. But all weekend I've been thinking about this poor girl getting married. She looked way too young. Well, she belongs to a community called the Twelve Tribes. I've also been invited to visit with them on Friday evenings, but I have to tell you I'm not much for communities like this one.
Well, at least it put a smile on my face ;)

well, I'm only scheduled for 2 days at work this week....we'll see if that'll change....but I think I might find some time to create and blog.

Make sure you check out my SU BLOG!

1 comment:

hulda beib said...

Þær eru æðislegar báðar tvær... bara báðar flottari ;) En guð minn góður hvað er málið með alla þessa sértrúaflokka og gifta unglingastelpur?? En hlakka til að sjá hverju þú tekur upp á í "fríinu" þínu núna... hvort það komi ekki eins og eitt jólakort eða svo ;)
knús úr sveitinni.