Saturday, September 20, 2008

Elzybells Christmas



I've had these Elzybells stamps for a few months now and tried and tried to make some thing I liked. I was never satisfied with my coloring though and never really finished a card....until now.






These cards are pretty simple. The card base is Naturals White card stock from SU. The images are stamped with on watercolor paper and colored in with blenderpens and SU ink. I added a little bit of glitter with my Crystal Effects (SU) and Martha Stewart glitter. I stamped the background with SU's retired Print Pattern background stamp. It retired just after I bought it :( I used Nestabilities dies and my Cuttlebug to cut the scalloped squares and used sponge daubers to distress the edges.





I have been offered another position at work but haven't heard if they'll actually go through with changing my schedule. I'd start working at 7 am instead of 10:15 am and work in the household area instead of the fitting room. I'd love to get out of the fitting room. I've seen some pretty weird stuff in there though. I've had a guy come and try on women's bathing suits and last Tuesday I had a young, cute guy hit on me and talk to me about his private parts for about an hour, apparently they are abnormally big....yeah....not really what I want to talk about. I did my best not to blush and hoped he'd leave. Telling him I'm married and have got a kid didn't seem to scare him off.


Anyway, I'll work 2 days next week (if they haven't changed the schedule) and next weekend my DS and I will be travelling fot hours and hours. We'll drive to Charlotte, fly from there to Boston. Stay at the airport in Boston for a few hours and then fly to Iceland. Hope DS will behave himself. Fortunately my parents don't live far from the airport in Iceland, but it'll be Sunday morning when we arrive there.

Check out my SU Blog while your at it will y'ah!

Thanks for stopping by.

TFL

3 comments:

Tesa said...

Lovely cards! Have a nice weekend!

Bryndís said...

Flott kort hjá þér eins og alltaf :)

Þú ert þá væntanlega á Íslandi núna :)

Inger Marie said...

You have made so lovely cards :)
Hugs from Inger Marie