Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's card and a LO

Let's start with the LO. SIK has challenges every other week and I made a LO for challenge 6, which was a sketch challenge. I flipped the sketch because I thought it would fit my picture better.

The designer paper is from SEI and the felt ribbon is from Martha Stewart. The jumbo eyelets are from Stampin'Up and the chipboard snowflake is from Bazzill. I covered the snowflake with Stazon Opaque ink, poured Crystal effects on it and Martha Stewart glitter.
Make sure you check out the challenge SIK has going on right now!!!
---
My husband doesn't read my blog so I think it's safe for me to post the Valentine's card I made for him.

I was playing with my Floral background stamp (Stampin'Up), not really thinking about making a valentine's card but ended up making this one along with a few more card that I'll show you some other time. The scallop circles are made with Nestabilities dies (Spellbinder) and Cuttlebug machine. I punched the hearts out. All the cardstock is from Stampin'Up and the glitter on the hearts too (Iridescent Ice). I hope he'll like it. I don't have much experience in making Valentine's cards since I rarely send one and never receive one myself.
I hope, where ever you are, that the sun is shining (or moonlight!) and the weather is as good as here. It's freezing cold but it sure looks nice!

TFL

4 comments:

Eygló said...

Sylvan er bara svolítið líkur mömmu sinni á þessari mynd!! ;) Flott síða og flott kort;) Ég hringdi í þig áðan en þá varstu bara á búðarrölti.. kv.

Eveline said...

Your LO is gorgeous, I really like the combination of the colors, and your Valentine's card is sweet. Don't you love nestabilities?
Eveline.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

These are both fabulous! Love your layout on your scrapbook page.

Hugs~Becky

Maria said...

Hi Hulda!!! Wow, I really love your layout!! It's so pretty and it really gives a nice feel of winter. The colors are fabulous and the picture so cute!! beautiful job.

Your round card is adorable. I love it. Such a cute card to give to someone on Valentines!!

Maria