Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hello Hello

I'm still alive and kickin' ....just barely though. I haven't had much time to create much of anything. I did manage to squeeze in time to make a card and a page for SIK's newest challenge, I was asked to be a guest designer ;) So happy to say yes to that request!

I wanted to try to make a card using the sketch provided in the challenge. The stamp is from Sarah Kay, I colored it in with my SU ink. The sentiment is from Skrappa. The designer paper is Basic Grey and the rest is SU. The card size is 6x6 inches.
And here's the page. The scalloped square is from Bazzill, I also used designer paper from Basic Grey. the big flower is from Petaloo. It's a simple page, I like the card better.

We went to Florida for a week, my FIL had a Navy reunion and we wanted to attend it. We also managed to go to the beach once and celebrate my DS's 4th birthday (which was actually today).

I had one day off work after we got back home to relax before going back to work. And I so needed that extra day, I wasn't able to catch much sleep in the car, we drove over night for about 11 hours and I was so exhausted. But then it was back to work and I only got Easter Sunday off and then it was back to work. The store was crazy busy before Easter, I don't notice that people are holding back because of recession....and it was busy yesterday too. Today was a little bit slower.
We spent Easter Sunday with friends and had so much fun. The kids thought the egg hunging was so much fun they wanted to do it again, so the actually hunted for eggs twice. Some of the eggs didn't make it through the second hunt though.
Anyway, I hope y'all had a nice Easter! I think I'll hit the sack early tonight!
TFL

2 comments:

Eveline said...

Nice work Hulda, and I like the pictures of your son. Happy Birthday!
Did you receive the e-mail I send you?
Eveline.

Anna Sigga said...

love the pics of your little boy - and thanks for being a fab GDT!