Monday, July 12, 2010

Cardlifting or CASE-ing

My computer finally died and I've got a new one now. Decided not to buy Toshiba again since my old one kept breaking down. But this also means that all the cards I had on my other computer are stuck there, I had put some of them in my gallery over at scrapbook.com so I was able to save them on the new computer.

As I was browsing my gallery I noticed that I've got +500 cards in it. So I decided to challenge myself to pick a card from some of my old ones and "cardlift" it.
Here's the card I picked
I made it in June 2008 and the stamp set is from Stampin'Up (Embrace Life). The card stock and patterned paper are also from SU. I used my scalloped square Nestabilities too.
Here's what I came up with:
I used the same stamp set but changed the colors. I added glitter, another flower and made the scalloped square smaller. The card stock is from Stampin'Up and the patterned paper is from BoBunny.
Here I changed it up a little bit more. Moved the center square, had fewer small sqares and made them a little bit bigger. And used one of my Magnolia stamps. It's the first time I use the pirate stamp. I don't have any pirate-like paper so I just picked out something from my scrap pile.
A friend of mine has challenged me to pick one of the oldest cards in my gallery to cardlift...yikes....we'll see how that goes!
TFL

1 comment:

Jóna said...

Hulda mín, þetta er eins og alltaf alveg frábært !!! Gaman að sjá nýju útgáfurnar, lítið og mikið breittar :o)
Það er enginn smá fjöldi af kortum sem þú hefur gert !!!!
knús :o)

Ps. Til hamingju með nýju tölvuna !