Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wish Big

When I saw the new sketch over at the Mojo Monday Blog I just knew I had to give it a try. My son's friend is turning 5 this weekend and he's a big fan of rockets. I dug out my rocket stamp from the SU stamp set Pun Fun and tried my best to match it with patterned paper from October Afternoon. I just love those colors for a boy card.

Here's a close up of the rocket, I covered it with Crystal Effects.....no glitter this time! ;)


Today felt like a Monday to me. I was going to take a shower and the lightbulbs were all out (there are 5 of them) in the bathroom...I had to shower in the dark because we were out of lightbulbs. Then I started getting ready to take my older son to the pool and it started thundering. Late in the afternoon (or early evening) I loaded my boys in the car and headed to the store to buy more lightbulbs (and groceries) and another thunderstorm hit us with a lot of rain.....so I just drove to Little Cesar's and bought us a pizza.....and the boys waited in the car. It was just not my day today....until I made this card...it made me a little bit happier :D Now I'm just hoping we wont get more thunderstorms for now. I've got errands to run tomorrow, gymnastics signups and a birthday party to go to on Saturday and my own birthday to celebrate on Sunday :)


I wish you all a great weekend!

TFL

3 comments:

Kalyber said...

This card is absolutely beautiful. Great job coloring but awesome job picking colors.

Jóna said...

Drengurinn verður örugglega stórhrifinn, enda er kortið frábært og passar algjörlega !!

ChristineCreations said...

This is SO cute! Perfect for a five year old, wonderful colors!