Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ferming - Confirmation

I've started on this years confirmation cards. Only have 4 done so far but at least that's a start, right?
I used stampsets from Stampin'Up, Crosses of Hope and Echoes of Kindness. I wanted to try making an easel card and of course couldn't do it the easy way with a regular shaped card.



 
I used a die from Spellbinders to change the shape of the cards, cut, embossed and used the die as a stencil. The flowers have a little bit of Stickles glitter on them. And I use ribbons to help the cards stay open. there's room for greetings under the ribbon. I think I did pretty good, if I say so myself, making easel cards for the first time. And those stamps are just so pretty.

And look here, I finally got a picture of my neckwarmer and my newest hat. Unfortunately I didn't notice until afterwards that my neckwarmer is inside out on the picture so you can't see the twist in the stitches. I have, since I knitted the neckwarmer and the hat, also finished a hat for my little Hurricane (who by the way started walking today, yay for him) and another neckwarmer for me. I am currently working on another hat for me.
I want to end this post with a sunset picture of Asheville, NC. I'm still learning how to use my camera and get all the setting right (instead of using the Auto setting). It is so hard to take pictures here in the U.S. without getting powerlines somewhere on the pics.

TFL

5 comments:

Linda said...

æðisleg fermingarkortin!

Ingunn H said...

rosalega flott fermingarkortin, og ég skil þetta með rafmagnslínurnar, ég þoldi ekki að taka myndir í DK , allsstaðar línur fyrir manni :/

Villý Vilhjálms said...

Finnast þessi fermingarkort alveg geggjuð!!!

Jóna said...

Flott kortin, bæði fermingarkortin og brúðkaupskortið. Flottur prjnaskapurinn líka !!!

Karinn said...

I love your shaped easel card, what a pretty change from the square and rectangular ones I've seen before. Just a very elegant design, especially with your choice of stamps.

Love your hat and neck warmer too, I so wish I could knit or crochet! :0)