Thursday, March 24, 2011

This and that

Here's the last card I made using the card from Craftgawker as my inspiration.
I used Kraft card stock as a base. Spellbinders die for the panel, Sizzix die for the heart and a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the dots on the heart. The patterned paper is from my scrap stash and I used a retired Stampin'Up background stamp on the panel. I'm hoping to get creative this weekend, I'm still getting over my cold and sore throat. I had a relapse but no fever this time. I didn't do anything crafty for over a week and did not even open a book to read. I did however play with my camera and my flowerbed has been blooming in the last few days. I love watching my flowers grow. I´m still waiting for a bunch of tulips to come up but a few of them are in bloom right now along with the daffodils.

My little hurricane has been enjoying the weather and my older one picked me some flowers from the front and back yard. 

We´re expecting rain and thunderstorms this weekend and I'm going to try to get some knitting and card making done. And who knows, maybe I'll even may a scrapbook layout...! I have started knitting a shawlette, Baktus. I'm knitting the wavy version from yarn my sister sent me in the mail. We sent each other "care packages" full of yarn and other fun things. I got mine in the mail but the one I sent her got sent to Canada by accident and it's been sitting there, stuck in the customs for over a week. I don't know how it's possible to mix up Iceland and Canada....usually packages get sent to Ireland instead of Iceland...but Canada...??? Doesn't make sense to me at all. I sent an email to USPS  and told them about this but have not received a reply. I might just have to collect the insurance money for a lost package and buy everything again. We'll see.
Anyway, I hope you have a bright and colorful weekend (I'll be browsing the internet for my dose of colors in the rain here).
TFL

1 comment:

Jóna said...

Enn eitt ekki Huldulegt kort LOL en flott samt :O)
Það er ekki komið vor hér hahha
Þvílíkt rugl með póstinn !?!?
Flottar myndirnar þínar eins og alltaf.
Eigðu góða helgi innandyra í þrumuveðrinu að föndra :O)