Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A birthday card and the end of the school year

My friend's daughter turned 7 the other day. And I wanted to make her a girly card without using pink, I guess to make it more of a challenge for me but mostly because I wanted to use the pretty DCVW paper I had in my scrap pile.
I used a stamp from Magnolia and ink from Stampin'Up to color the image. I also used 3 different dies from Spellbinders and Prima flowers.

The birthday girl and my older boy get along so good, they've got the same personality. He wasn't sure about going to a dance themed birthday party but he ended up having a blast. The little one had fun too.
It's been so hot here lately and we hadn't had rain in a couple of weeks until Monday afternoon, we got about 15-20 minutes of downpour. And that evening my hubby was off work so I was able to sneak out by myself and take pictures of the beautiful sunset.
This morning I went to the "Award Day" at my son's school. The Kindergarten classes had their ceremony at 9 am. I think all the kids got an award for being good at something so they all got to go on the big stage.
I'm so proud of my son, he got an award for "Outstanding Academic Achievement". Now I just hope he can stay on this track for the rest of his education. We are looking forward to starting 1st grade in the fall. But now it's time for a break, Friday is the last day of school and after that we'll have Vacation Bible School and swim lessons....then a trip to Iceland in July.

TFL

No comments: