Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lake Lure

Lets start with the card.
I masked a part of the card before I stamped it with a background stamp from Stampin'Up. I then sponged the stamped part and embossed a frame with a scallop edge rectangle from Spellbinders. I stamped the flower image, using 4 stamps from Inkadinkado. Added a little bit of Stickles and Crystal Effects. The edge is punched with a Stampin'Up border punch. The sentiment says "Congratulations".

My older son has already finished karate camp and Vacation Bible School and now his swimlessons are almost over. I'm trying to keep him busy so he wont drive me completely nuts. "What can I do now?" is his favorite question I think, at least I get to hear it every five minutes. I took the boys to Lake Lure on Monday and they had so much fun. So on Wednesday I did it again. It takes us about 30 min. to get there. It's a very scenic drive but I'm lucky my boys don't get carsick very easily because it's a very winding road, up a mountain and down again. 
My camera has a widescreen setting and I tried it for the first time. It's great for landscape pictures.


When the boys sat down for snack time they got a few hungry visitors begging for bites.

A week from now we'll be driving to Florida to visit with my MIL before we fly to Iceland. Most of my family will be seeing my little hurricane for the first time.

Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July to my American visitors.

No comments: