Saturday, June 4, 2011

This and that

I lost my mojo after a couple of weeks of making a bunch of cards to send off to Iceland. But at least I've got some of those cards to post on my blog. Here's one of the few girly cards I made.
No stamping. I used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug, borderpunch from Stampin'Up and a butterfly die from Papertrey Ink. The patterned paper is from BoBunny and Basic Grey.

I made a coupe of onesie cards. You can find the onesie template HERE. I made prints in different sizes.

Pretty simple. I used a nestability die for the neckline and leg openings and also for the frog image.

We've been having a "close to record breaking" heatwave here in the last few days. It is hot here before 9 am so we've had the water hose turned on and the kiddie pool out. My town hasn't even gotten the thunderstorms predicted for the mountains here, I've heard the thunders but they were far away.
I´ve only taken my little one to the playground once in the last week or so. My car's not in a good shape and I'm a bit upset that I got a big crack in my front windshield thanks to a big truck hauling gravel. The crack is right at eye level.
I took the cat picture at the playground, I've seen this cat there before and this time my little one was happy to have it as a playmate, we were the only ones at the playground.
This picture I took this morning. The boys were playing with water and soap and all of a sudden the little one sneaks off and get these sunglasses from inside our house. He thinks they are so cool.
My older boy and I have found a great way to cool off in the heat. We make our own smoothies:
1 cup mandarin oranges
1 cup peaches
1 cup strawberries
1 cup low fat ice cream or 2% milk
Put everything in the mixer/food processor and mix. And it's ready. And if we have a little bit left over we put it in an icecube tray, add popcicle sticks and freeze. YUMMI!
For some reason my little one has no interest in drinking smoothies and he is not a picky eater at all.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend!
TFL

1 comment:

Jóna said...

Kortin þín eru æðisleg eins og alltaf og myndirnar þínar líka, snillinn þinn :O)