Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fancy dresses

I have been super busy here in Iceland. We spent a week at my parent's summerhouse without internet access. We went to a few places in the countryside and took a lot of photos. But let's start with the two cards I'm showing you today.
I found this template through a magazine, you can find it here. The picture aboce is of the first dress card I made, I didn't use any patterned paper. I used lace paper as a stencil for the skirt. The top I covered in purple ink and heat embossed it to get the glitter to stick.

Here I used patterned paper for the skirt and dry embossed card stock for the top. I do find it easier to work straight on the card stock instead of adding patterned paper. I had so much fun making these.

Here are a few pics from our trip.
Steamy lava

Lava sunset

My little one

The boys at one of many waterfalls we checked out. This one is called Skógarfoss.

My older son checking out the rescue boat in my hometown.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog before we leave this thursday, if not I'll do my best to blog next week.

No comments: