Monday, July 4, 2011

Purple butterfly and fireworks

I went to a Stampin'Up workshop at my demonstrator's house the other week. I think the card below was my favorite project.
I did have to change the "frame". We had an embossed purple panel that we had to distress with paint and I messed mine up, so I swapped it for a white panel. The background under the butterfly is what made this card so much fun to make. We started with a piece of glossy white card stock. We added shimmery white paint to it, using a plastic bag to get a pattern. After the paint had dried we sponged the card stock using two different purples, a pink color and a yellow color. After covering the card stock with those colors we stamped the text and flourishes. The paint gave the card stock a little bit of texture and shimmer.

Yesterday, after spending most of the day in our pajamas, we finally got the boys out of the house and got ourselves burgers and fries. My hubby is working tonight so we celebrated the 4th of July a day early. We went down town to watch the fireworks and I got to try the firework setting on my camera. Now I just need a tripod so my firework pictures can turn out the way I want them to ;) 
 HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
And today I finished reading the last book in Stieg Larson's trilogy of the girl with the dragon tattoo. I started reading it late Saturday night. Almost 600 pages in 2.5 days is pretty good, I would not have been able to do it if my hubby hadn't kept the boys busy. I have to take it back to the library before we go on our Florida/Iceland trip.
I'm going to try to get some posts ready ahead of time, that I can post while I'm in Iceland. I've got a few new cards to post.
I hope your weekend was great!
TFL

No comments: