Monday, July 18, 2011

Sailing

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post already. I'm on vacation in Iceland now and we've been so busy traveling.
I wanted to show you these cards I made just before our vacation. I had just bought this set from my SU demonstrator. I think it's not available anymore. My hometown is a "fish"town. We've got all sizes of boats and fish is a big part of the towns "income". So I figured I could make something that would be fit for a fisherman's birthday.

I heat embossed the images on the first two cards with UTEE to make a broken glass effect.

And on the last one I used a lable die from Spellbinders to dry emboss and as a stencil for the backgound.

And now to my trip. We drove to Florida to see my MIL for a couple of days before flying to Iceland. We then flew from Tampa to Boston and from Boston to Iceland. In Tampa we asked the guy at the check in to make sure the bags would be checked in all the way to Iceland and he said he'd make it happen. When we arrived in Iceland, after travelling all day with a toddler and a 6 year old, we waited and waited for our bags to show up. Until the terminal was almost empty. Two hours we waited and no bags and it by the time we got to my parent's place it was almost 3 am. You can only imagine how tired and cranky the kids were. I took the airline TWO DAYS to track down our luggage and get it to us. The guy in Tampa, who had also told us he wanted us to tip him, had not checked the bags all the way like he said he would. Anyway, we've got our stuff now and we've had a couple of rainydays and a few sunny days and I've taken A LOT of pictures. Here are a couple that fit this post so well.

The sun had just set next to the glacier (on the left).

This is the same area about 20-30 minutes before the sun went down. It's an old lighthouse just outside a fishing village/town. The weather was perfect and what made it even better (if possible) was that and old friend of my came to see me there, we hadn't seen each other in 6 or 7 years.
You should be able to click on the pictures to see them a little bit bigger.
I'll try to post again this week, next week I'll be at my parent's summer house.

TFL

1 comment: