Friday, August 26, 2011

Two cards and a LO

Here's one of the cards I made just after we got home from Iceland.
The stamps are from Stampin'Up and the card stock from PTI, I might try this again in different colors. I added glitter and Crystal Effects to the flowers.
And here we've got a 12x12 layout. I used a sketch from Beggahuna
I noticed afterwards how crooked one of the castles is/was and I fixed it. The flowers, ribbon and tag are all things I got as RAK (random act of kindness) from icelandic friends a few years ago. I used glimmer spray on the background card stock and the heart. On the tag I wrote what the day is like when we go to Lake Lure.
Here below is a small card 3x3 inches (I think, possibly 3.5x3.5). The rose stamp is from Stampin'Up, I'm not sure where the other one is from, I've had it for years and just recently started using it. I have seen it at A. C. Moore though.
This card is made for small gifts or bouquets. The rose is stamped on a shimmery card stock using white ink, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then colored in.
And now a couple of pictures from Iceland.
We took the boys to see the geysers. The one on the picture is called Strokkur. It was not at the highest point when I took the picture, I was having problem with tourists walking into my pictures and was just lucky to get this one without somebody's foot or shoulder in it. I have never seen so many tourists there before, I have also never been there when the weather was nice, it's always been rainy and cold.
We took our older son for walks in the lava around volcanic craters not too far from my parent's house. And he loved checking out the caves in the lava. Some of the caves were used as hiding places when the "Turks" (Algerian pirates) came to Iceland (to my hometown) in the year 1627. Here's a link to the story in english. 

You've probably heard about hurricane Irene. It's getting close to the coast of North Carolina now. I am so glad we live way up in the mountains, far away from the coast. We might get some rain and thunderstorms but I think we're too far away for the hurricane to reach us. I do hope and pray it wont tear up the coastal towns and the people there will be safe.

Anyway, the first full week of school is over and we've got no big plans this weekend, hopefully we'll get to splash a little bit, the weather is still warm enough for that.

Have a nice weekend and thank you for stopping by.

No comments: