Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yes I did it

I actually made a couple of scrapbook LOs. There's a challenge going on at the icelandic scrapbook forum and I decided to give it a go. I am working on my 3rd layout at the moment, I'm one layout behind.
It's been so long since I made a scrapbook page that I'm pretty rusty. The first LO was supposed to be inspired by an icelandic singer/songwriter (Páll Óskar) and we were supposed to use glitter and other bling. Well, I've only got boys but decided to give it a go. This picture is from last spring, my little one was trying out those sunglasses for fun. The text says something like this "I'm beautiful, I'm handsome, I'm glamorous...not everyone can be gorgeous like me!". The page is yellow (looks a little greenish on the photo), I used red spray mist and gold glitter mist to make it glittery and shiny. I also used stickles glitterglue for the title. 
Here's the second page I made, we were supposed to make a page about our "dream place" to travel to or our favorite trip. I picked a picture from our Iceland trip og the glacier Snaefellsjokull. I wanted to keep it simple, I'll be adding it to my "Book of me" scrapbook.

I've taken a few days off from making cards, I'm out of plastic envelopes and instead I got out my knitting and cast on a balaklava for my little one. I don't have any pics yet though.

Here is a picture from our Iceland trip. We were driving in the south when we saw this building from WWII. My hubby wanted pictures of it and I thought they'd look good in black/white. The weather was pretty nasty, raining and cold, but I think it just set the mood for the picture.

I've already taken pics of the cards I was working on last week and will post them soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: