Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Foliage

Isn't it just typical. My car was in the shop for a week and cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed. As soon as I got it out my hubby took his car to the shop. They've had it for 2.5 weeks and it's going to cost another arm and a leg. We haven't got it back yet and my car has gotten sick again, we can't take it to the shop until we get hubby's car back. I've got two appointments tomorrow for my little one, speech therapy and a doctor's check-up and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the car won't stop on me. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Enough with the sulking, here a simple birthday card I made a while back.
The sentiment says, "On your birthday". I used stamps from Stampin'Up, an embossing folder from Cuttlebug and a borderpunch from EKsuccess.

Next is a Christmas card that looks pretty simple. I don't know if you can tell that the image is covered in glitter. After I stamped the image and cut it out (using a label die from Spellbinders) I sponged the edges.
After the sponging I covered the whole image with Versamark, poored Iridescent Ice glitter on it and heat embossed it., that's about all the hard work I put into it. The stamp, ink, paper and glitter are all from Stampin'Up. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the background.

We have been having the most gorgeous fall here in the mountains. The colors have been so vibrant. The Blue Ridge Parkway has been a popular place for taking fall foliage pictures. I live very close to it but have not really been on it to take pictures of the bright colors. I took the Parkway on my way home from my son's speech therapy a couple of weeks ago and took this picture.
That was before the peak in colors. My mountains are so beautiful, no matter what season we're in but fall is my favorite season here. It's not too hot and not too cold.  
So pretty!

I've been going nuts on Pinterest when ever I get the chance. If you need an invite just send me a note.

Go love your families!

No comments: