Monday, November 14, 2011

Card sharks contest

My friend, Anna Sigga, told me about this card contest over at The Scrapbook Nook Blog and I decided to give it a go.

Challenge: Phase 10

Phase 10 is a fun rummy-style card game by Fundex. The object of the game is to play each hand, building off of that hand according to that Phase's requirements, until you have completed all 10 Phases in the game.

Since we do not have weeks for this challenge (smile) we will complete 3 Phases for our 'Card' game.

Phase One: create your card base

your base MUST include the following (everyone will be dealt the same hand to begin the game)

ONE pp background

ONE smaller block of pp or cardstock

ONE strip of pp, trim, chipboard or sticker across the bottom of the block of pp or cardstock

ONE decorative trim at the bottom of the block below strip of pp or trim


Before moving onto Phase 2, take a picture of your 'card base'

Phase 2: embellish (build) your 'card' hand.

you may add any embellishments, trims, chipboard, sentiments, anything you like to your card base.

before moving onto Phase 3, take a picture of your card

Phase 3: post your finished card along with Phase 2 pic


Here's my phase 1:
And phase 2: 
I used pp from MME's Quite Contrary (Jack and Jill) 6x6 paper pad. The dress was hand cut using a template I made.

 I think it was fun making the card this way and I'm going to see if I can fit in more contests from the Scrapbook Nook, my boys and I got a stomach bug this weekend, I hope my husband won't get it too. I'm slowly recovering.




























2 comments:

Anna Sigga said...

Fab card girl - love the dress.

Andrea Amu said...

Cute card!