Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring Break

I've been into the clean and simple style on my cards lately, I think it might be more my style than any other style out there. I do like cards with lots of colors and embellishments but I'm no good at making those.
The butterflies here are Inkadinkaclings from Inkadinkado. I chose three bright and "summer-y" colors. I think they would be cute in pastels too. I used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug for the edge. And just printed a sentiment (Congratulations).
Here I punches out hearts from "paint strips", you know, the strips that show different shade of paint colors. I added glitter and crystal effects to the hearts. I don't remember if I added a sentiment before I sent it to Iceland but there's definitely room for one at the bottom.

My older boy's spring break was in April, right at the beginning of the month. And we drove down to Florida to see our family there. The boy absolutely love staying with their grandmother and playing in the grove. I took this picture our first morning there:
They were going to check on the cows and the light outside was almost magical.

We also had fun checking out all the lizards and found out that some of them have this "thing" on their neck that they blow out once in a while.
We took the boys to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa and I took this picture of an alligator. It kind of looks like he's smiling at me. Probably thinking he was seeing a nice and fat piece of dinner ;)
Well, I'm looking forward to the weekend. We're expecting great weather all weekend and the boys are expecting company on Sunday. I've got a wedding card I need to finish and hopefully I can come up with some masculiena card ideas to work on. I've been pinning a few inspiration cards on Pinterest. I hope you all have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by :)

No comments: