Saturday, June 2, 2012

More color

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Yesterday was S's last day in first grade. He didn't really want to go to school. He said it was so sad that it was the last day and all they would have to do was CLEAN...hehe. It was a short day though and when he came home he had a few things with him that he got to keep (puzzles and coloring pencils). Only 9 out of 24 kids showed up for the last day.
So today was the first day of our summer vacation. S didn't think it was a vacation since we weren't going anywhere. We've just stayed home today, played in the yard, and watched movies. We do have plans for tomorrow though, our friends are coming over for a cook out and splashing in the backyard.
Anyway, I thought I might post something more colorful than I've been doing lately.
It's been a while since I've used this stamp and I actually had this image mostly already colored. It's from Stampavie. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey...very old paper ;) I used die templates from Spellbinders and a borderpunch from SU.
Here tilda holding tulips. I like to use this stamp for graduation cards but this card can be for anything. The sentiment says Congratulations. I used a die template from Lifestyle Crafts to cut the white circle. I'm so bummed, I can't get it to cut right. I've tried putting tape on the back of it and I've tried using a metal sheet for shimming and nothing seems to work. I have to roll it through my cuttlebug 50 times before it's usable. I wish I could use it more, it's so beautiful.

I´ve got a few more pictures from Spring Break.
The picture above is taken at my SIL's place. The weather was perfect.

While in Florida we went to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. It was a pretty hot day, the animals tried to stay in the shade.
We've been having an unusually hot spring here in the mountains and our air conditioning broke down. And the temperature in our house went up to 87°F (30°C) in the afternoon/evenings, it was too hot to do any crafting, I tell yah.
Well, I've gotta get my boys ready for bed, they need to save ther energy for all the backyard playing we've got planned tomorrow.
Have a great Sunday!

No comments: