Thursday, July 5, 2012

Weddings and sunsets

Helloo, helloo! I hope everybody (in the U.S.) had a safe 4th of July, good weather and great company. The boys and I got invited to have hot dogs with our friends and go to a gathering in their town. Hubby was busy at worki, delivering pizza to drunk people. The boys and I had a really good time with our friends and didn't come home until after midnight. And they slept in today...so now I'm waiting for them to fall asleep, at 11 pm. I better wake them up in the morning so we can get them on a better sleeping schedule again.

I've got another wedding card to show you. I wasn't sure if I should stamp the picture in black but since it's a silhouette I took the chance. And made up for it by layering white on white. I like how it turned out and I hope somebody likes enough to buy it. I need to make time for card making. People seem to like my cards and I need to fill up a box to send home.
Materials from: Papertrey Ink (card stock), Recollections/Michaels (stamp), Hampton Art (stamp), Cuttlebug (embossed circle), Spellbinders (diecut shapes) and EKsuccess (border punch).
I've got a couple of recent sunset pictures to show you.

The sunsets here can be really beautiful, my kitchen window faces the west but I've got too many trees and mountains blocking the sunset. But it takes me less than 10 minutes to get to a great spot to watch the sun set over Asheville.
I love how the mountains forma braid like layers. So beautiful.
I did get a few decent (to me at least) firework pictures last night. I need to get myself a good tripod though, it was hard keeping the camera still while taking the pictures.

I wish you all a great weekend. Stay cool and hydrated!

No comments: