Thursday, April 25, 2013

A couple of cards and kittens

Hi there, how's it going? I've been kind of stuck at home he last couple of days. Not been productive enought though. My little one got sick on Tuesday night, scary sick, but is recovering fast. Fortunately we had the right medicin for him and I could give it to him right away. But it kind of left me drained. I've been working on 3 bags. The first one has been giving me a hard time, I think I might have to rip it apart and sew it all over again, but until I feel like doing that I've got the other two to work on. I have a couple of cards to show you. The first one is in my store.
The image is a stamp from Stampin'Up, stamped with SU ink. And the coordinating colored card stock is also from SU. I cut it with my nestabilities. The white card stock is from Papertrey Ink and I used dies from Spellbinders and Memory Box to cut out the white layer. If you click on the picture it'll take you to my etsy store.
This robot card I made for a friend's son's birthday. I made a similar one for my son. They had their birthday party together. I think it's the best one they've had so far, we had a gymnastics birthday party and everyone had so much fun, I think the kids played in the pit for almost an hour.
 
 I may have mentioned it before that out cat had 4 kittens. they are growing so fast. They are 5 weeks old now and so much fun to watch.
They stay in a playpen, or I should say, we are trying to keep them in the playpen. They have figured out how to climb out. And this morning I had a hard time keeping up with them because they were so fast. And tonight I had put a fitted sheet over the top (the sides are mesh so they get plenty of air) and thought that would keep them in. And I went outside after dark to get a picture of the moon. Well, when I came back in the house, 5 min. later, two of the kittens had managed to get out. I have run out of ideas for keeping them in, we've got to keep them for at least 3 more weeks before they get new owners.
My boys love having the kittens, I do have to watch my 3 year old with them, he's a bit rough but he wants to pet them so badly and play with them. 
 
I've been busy trying to figure out Etsy and all the things that it has to offer. I've been making treasuries from things I like and/or find interesting. Check them out HERE.
 
I'll be back soon with more cards. Until then, have a nice weekend!

No comments: