Thursday, June 20, 2013

Butterflies and bags

WoW! 10200 views on my blog...or just about, 10199 last time I checked. Add that to the 10K that I had before the counter decided to start on 0 again. Still a pretty good number for a blog that's sometimes active and sometimes inactive.
Anywho! I'm getting  a package ready for the mail tomorrow, didn't quite have it ready today when I went to the post office. I'm also getting ready for a weekend "getaway". My older son is going to spend almost a month with our family in Florida and we are going to drive halfway there and spend the weekend in Savannah, Georgia. I am so excited. I've been there before but haven't had the chance to take tours and enjoy the city before. So I won't be blogging this weekend and my shop will be set to "on vacation" for 3 days.
I wanted to show off these butterfly cards. Unfortunately something has been eating my plants this spring and I don't have any flowers that attract butterflies, unlike last year when I had 9 different kinds of butterflies enjoying my blooms.
I dug out some of my old patterned paper to make these cards.
I used dies from Spellbinders and Papertrey Ink. I think the Spellbinders dies that I used would fit better with 4inx6in cards instead if the 4.25inx5.5in cards that I make.

But I sure enjoyed using them. They don't belong to me but maybe I'll get them someday.
 
I haven't shown much of my sewing lately. I've been having a case of "low self esteem" when it comes to my sewing so I haven't added my bags to my store yet. I'm trying to decide if I should redo them or go ahead and list them. Another thing is that I'm waiting for parts for my vacuum cleaner (they seem to be taking forever to get here) and I need my vacuum in working condition if I'm going to get out my sewing machine.
But I do believe I haven't shown you this bag before. 
You can find it in my ezebee store by scrolling to the bottom of my blog or click on the picture to see it in my etsy store. I found the corduroy at a thrift store. Somebody was getting rid of all their fabric. And the floral fabric I got at a fabric store.
Well, I've gotta get up and get some work done. Make sure you check in again next week, I'll be doing a post about ezebee.com :)
Until then have a safe and fun weekend!

No comments: