Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunshine, butterflies and beautiful dresses...

 

...That's what summer is about, isn't it? Well, in some places at least. Last year we had a lot of butterflies enjoy the nectar of our flowers. This year I've tried to grow a lot of different flowers and something keeps eating them. I've seen slugs, grasshoppers and Japanese beetles on my flowers....and a bunch of other bugs in my flower bed. The spiders should be having a feast. No butterflies this year but yesterday I saw a goldfinch on one of my flowers. It was so pretty.
But onto the cards I promised in my last post.
Here's a butterfly card. I used die-cut templates from Spellbinders, Papertrey Ink and Memory Box on this card. I think the patterned paper is from DCWV. I've had it for years. I had a pretty big stash of patterned paper when I was into scrapbooking and I'm slowly working my way through it. I sold a bit of it at a yard sale and gave a box of it to the local library. They do crafts at storytime. 
This card is very similar to the butterfly card. I used die-cut templates from Spellbinders and Memory Box on this one. The patterned paper is from DCWV too. It's got a little bit of glitter on it. I thought it would make a cute summer dress. I like dresses but I don't wear them very much. I was browsing through a local Goodwill store and they had a lot of cute dresses, perfect for summer...and a lot of  beautiful fancy dresses. I don't ever go anywhere I could use a fancy dress, unfortunately, so I didn't buy any. 
I've got a few things I need to add to my ezebee store. We've just had a lot of rain and that means a lot of indoor time with my 3 year old. And although he's pretty good at playing by himself, after 2 weeks of rain and a lot of indoor time, he gets a bit bored and needs him momma. It's taken me 3days to finish a small purse, finally finished it tonight and I'm excited about it. Hopefully I get good weather tomorrow so I can get good pictures of it. We did get some sunshine today and managed to go to the pool with the little one, for the first time in 3 weeks. My older son is coming home from Florida in a couple of days. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks and I'm sure he has grown in those weeks. He has been spoiled by his grandma and his aunt and I'm prepared to here "I wish I lived in FL!" a lot this coming fall and winter ;)
Anyway, I'll be back soon with more cards and my newest purse.
Make sure to check out my etsy store here to the right and ezebee store at the bottom of my blog :)
Have a great Tuesday!

 

No comments: