Friday, July 5, 2013

The Beaucatcher tote bag and a lovely card

It's been raining since Sunday night, we've had flash flood warnings, landslides, flooded streets and the total amount of rain for Wednesday and Thursday was 5.30 inches (13cm). It rained again this morning but we got to see the sun for a few hours after lunch then in the late afternoon we got a thunderstorm again. I didn't get any crafting done today but I have been busy this week.
I made this card. I've never used that stamp before, the only one in the set that I hadn't tried. It's from Stampin'Up. I'm not sure if it's retired or not. I used a die template from Spellbinders to cut the squares, they are pretty much my favorite right now, so elegant. I chose not to add a sentiment so that the card could be used for more occasions (wedding, Valentine's Day, I love you, anniversary). I've been loving the easel fold lately, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.
I also got my sewing machine back out and made a birthday present for my sister (can't show it yet) and this lovely bag. I designed it and chose a local name for it, Beaucatcher. It's a name of a mountain in Asheville and there's a story behind the name, you can see the short version of it here in my store.

The bag has got 3 interior pockets and it can be bought either in my etsy store (you can find it in the bar to the right too) or my ezebee store (or scroll to the bottom of the blog).
I found a great article about ezebee that you might enjoy. You can read it HERE.
I've got some cards in the making and I think I'll finish them tonight. Hopefully I'll get some sewing done this weekend. We are expecting less rain so maybe, just maybe, I'll get a chance to take the little one to the pool. We went to Lake Lure last week and he loved being in the water. He's been feeling a bit under the weather today though, his asthma has been bugging him and he's had to use his nebulizer more than usually. Hopefully he'll be better in the morning.
I'll deal with that in the morning but right now I'm going to sign of and get crafty :)
 
Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

svo fallegt það sem þú getir ,elska þessar tööskur hjá þér