Sunday, September 1, 2013

Bags and cards

I did not mean to take so long to write another post. But I've been swamped. School started and my little one started preschool. And my MIL has been staying with us. I have been busy sewing too. All the bags in the last (at least) three posts have sold and some of them twice. The last couple of bags that I have sewn sold before they made it to my store. And I've got another order of one of them.
I don]t think I had posted about this one yet.
A friend of mine asked me to make a cross body bag out of a certain kind of fabric for her teenage niece. This bag was basically me just trying out an idea she had. I still haven't made the bag for her but I've got the fabric and am thinking about what I'm going to do, brainstorming. 
I had a piece of chevron Duck fabric that fit perfectly for this bag. The strap is adjustable and it's pretty long when in longest position. So I guess I could say one size fits all.
                                      
I figured I'd pop it up a tiny bit by using a colorful lining. There is one pocket inside and it's got a magnetic snap closure.
 
 It's been awhile since I posted cards here. I don't remember posting these but maybe my memory is getting bad :p
These baby cards are easel fold and I used dies from Marianne designs and Spellbinders.
 
I would like to make more of these but I've got orders for bags and would like to finish a bag or two for my shop too. I made a bag today that sold before I even finished it.

I finished this one earlier in the week. I found the patterned fabric in the basement of a furniture store in Waynesville. I got a couple of other kinds of fabrics there too.


I also finished a bag for my MIL a couple of days ago. I have nearly finished another one that looks exactly like it but unfortunately my local fabric store has run out of the black handles so I can't finish it. Hopefully they get more handles on Monday.
 
Well, I spent a few hours sewing today and I'm worn out. Gotta go to bed.
Make sure to check out my store MadebyHULDA.
Happy Labor Day weekend y'all!
 
 

No comments: