Monday, September 30, 2013

Loaded post

I'm having a hard time picking our what to put in my post and what to keep for later.
I was browsing through fabric online a few weeks ago and found this Joel Dewberry fabric. It's available in a few different color combos. I think the line is called Aviary 2. I bought 3 different color combinations and have made bags out of 2 of them already. It is not home décor weight. But I add interfacing to it. I tried adding double interfacing but I am not 100% satisfied with the outcome. I only used a single layer on this bag.
 
I also bought fabric from Sew Fine Fabric a few weeks ago. 
The fabric is from Michael Miller and is available in other colors too. the pattern I used is from ModestMaven. I added the piping just  to break up all the green. Green is one of my least favorite colors but I really like it on this bag.
 
I know Christmas is not even close but I don't make Halloween or Thanksgiving card (don't send any and don't receive any either, at least not every year). But I dug out this old stamp from Stamping Bella and made a couple of fun cards with it. 
I just got this chevron embossing folder recently and had to give it a try. The poinsettia is made using dies from Spellbinders.
 
Last week I got to spend a whole day in downtown Asheville, playing tourists with my sister in law. We went on a trolley ride, took a tour of the Thomas Wolfe house, walked around and checked out the art stores and had a nice dinner. And on Saturday night I went, all by my lonesome, to a concert in Asheville. My little boy got to spend the night with his grandma and his aunt and my older boy had a sleepover at a friend's house. So off I went to see and Icelandic band, Sigur Rós, at the U.S. Cellular Center (Civic Center). It's the second time Sigur Rós comes to Asheville and I missed them the first time they were here. So I showed up with my Icelandic flag and I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the audience that understood the songs that were in Icelandic but they also sing in their own language (that nobody else understands). And thanks to my awesome point and shoot camera I got some decent pictures and videos.








 
I've got more pics HERE!
 
Next week I'm expecting company from Iceland, yay, my twin sister and two of my friends are coming for a visit. So I better get back to work and do as much as I can before they get here.
 

No comments: