Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer is over

Hey, how are y'all doing? It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I'm going to attempt to start blogging again. I've got a full time job at a preschool as a "supplemental staff" and last week was the first week after summer break. The schools and preschool started on the 20th and this is the first time I miss my boys' first day of school. I am off to work before they go to school and get out of work after they get back from school. It helps to have a hubby that works evenings and is home during the day.
During the summer I did a little bit of sewing and made a few cards. It's hard to get things done when your kids want to be doing other things. And now, after I started working, it's taking me a week to make one bag, just doing a little bit here and there. I tried starting on a few Christmas cards today but my 4 year old got so excited about "helping out" that I didn't get much done.
Here are a couple of handbags that I made this summer:
You can find this bag HERE

And this bag can be found HERE

Here are some pictures from summer break.
Went went to Lake Lure a couple of times. My boys love it there.

We went to the river one time. I wish we had gone more often but the pool is closer to us than the river where I like to go (Sycamore Flats).

My flowers looked pretty good for a while, until we got a lot of rain, 
then my flowerbed looked pretty messy. 





We went to Savannah, GA and Tybee Island and my 9 year old went to FL to spend a few weeks with our family there. He had a blast.


I hope y'all had a great summer. We sure stayed busy. But it looks like fall and winter are going to be pretty busy for me too. As long as I keep my sanity I'm ok with that.

Don't forget to check out my store HERE!





No comments: